Chronic wounds are colonised with a community of microorganisms found within a biofilm which causes a delay in healing and increases infection risk. It is very important that you partner with an organisation that are leading experts in this field. 5D have over 20 years of experience in wound dressing innovation, development and the most robust and diverse scientific testing services. Our testing supports all organisations including startups, spin-offs and multinational companies who innovate, design and develop advanced wound care products.
Our testing experience includes working with:
- Wound dressing materials and biomaterials including alginates, gauzes, carboxymethylcellulose, chitosan, collagens, superabsorbants, hydrogels, polyurethane foams, hydrocolloids
- Topical wound agents including wound irrigating solutions and antimicrobial solutions
- Dressing removal agents - including agents to remove adhesives
- Non-antimicrobial and antimicrobial-based dressings and technologies
- Debriding and Desloughing technologies including enzymes and agents that enhance autolytic debridement
- Negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) devices.